Holiday Assistance Program
You Can Help to Make a Childs Holiday Bright!
- Sponsor an Individual Child or Family
- Participate in the Forgotten Teens Program
- Organize a Scarf, Hat and Mitten drive
- Organize a Toy Drive
- Purchase a Gift Card
- Provide a Monetary Donation
With the holiday season just around the corner, Fox Valley United Way is once again partnering with local businesses, community members, civic and student groups, along with families and individuals who are interested in helping those that are experiencing difficulties during these tough economic times.
While countless parents are telling their children that there will not be many gifts under the tree this year, a large number of children in our community will not be receiving any presents. The Fox Valley United Way wants to give to those families who do not have the financial means to provide gifts for their children this year.
You can help by donating to the Fox Valley United Way Holiday Assistance fund. Your financial gift will be used to purchase clothes, toys, hats, mittens, and scarves for the children. If donations allow, we will also buy each family a gift card to a local grocery store so they can enjoy a family holiday meal! To sponsor a child or family, please contact Deborah at 630-896-4636 xtn. 102, or you can send us an email at email@example.com.
Sponsor an individual child or family: Fox Valley United Way will send you detailed information about a family in need this holiday season so you can purchase gifts for each child in that family. Due to the overwhelming needs of the community, we recommend spending a minimum of $50.00 - $75.00 to sponsor each child.
- Participate in the Forgotten Teens Program: Too often the teenagers of lower income or underprivileged homes are overlooked and experience a holiday season with no gifts. This program provides an opportunity for you, your family, civic or school group to raise resources to provide gifts for the Forgotten Teens in their community. For more information, click here.
- Organize a Scarf, Hat and Mitten drive: Basic needs items like scarves, hats, and mittens/gloves are always in shortage. Collect new items to be distributed to local children in need. Let's work together to keep our children warm this winter. Download our Scarf, Hat, and Mitten drive poster here.
- Organize a Toy drive: Every child looks forward to some kind of toy under the tree. Help fulfill their hopes by sponsoring a collection drive for toys suitable for infants through 12 year olds. All toys will be distributed to local children. Download our toy drive poster here. All basic needs items, toys, and other gifts should be unwrapped and can be dropped off at the Fox Valley United Way office.
- Purchase a gift card: By purchasing a gift card from a local grocery store, you can provide a holiday meal for a family in need.
- Provide a monetary donation: Make a financial donation that will be used directly to sponsor a child for holiday assistance. Collect spare change to help purchase basic human needs items for families in need. Download our Holiday Assistance poster here.
Deadline to drop off donations at the Fox Valley United Way office is Monday, December 11th by NOON.
Download our Holiday Assistance Flyer.