Join THE MOVEMENT that is transforming Super Bowl weekend into
the nation’s largest youth-led weekend of giving and serving
For the last 25 years, the Souper Bowl of Caring has shown Americans that while we are getting ready to enjoy the Super Bowl, we can help folks who don’t even have a bowl of soup to eat.
Each year, our area food pantries experience a significant reduction in donations after the holidays. That means that families who are struggling to avoid hunger and homelessness have a more difficult time after the new year.
So on Saturday, February 4, 2017, student volunteers from across the country are coming together once again to fight hunger and poverty in their communities.
In cooperation with Jewel-Osco and Prisco’s Family Market, Fox Valley United Way will be working with youth volunteers to help fill the shelves at the Aurora Area Interfaith Food Pantry and the Kendall County Community Food Pantry. At our 7 locations we will be accepting monetary and food donations around Aurora and in Kendall County. One hundred percent of all contributions go directly to the food pantries!
How can you help?
- Put a volunteer team together to collect food and monetary donations at one of our designated stores.
- Host a food drive at your place of work, your school, your place of worship or club.
- Organize a SOUP POT Campaign. By selling these $1 soup pot cards at your business, school or church, you can turn every $1.00 collected into $8.00 worth of buying power at the Northern Illinois Food Bank! For more information on how to get supplies for a SOUP POT Campaign, contact Deborah here.
- Make a monetary donation using our secure online donation form below! You can quickly and easily donate with a debit or credit card or PayPal
- Go to your local Jewel-Osco store or Prisco’s Family Market on Saturday, February 4, 2017 between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and drop off a cash donation or help fill the food bin.
For more information, including a list of locations, please contact Deborah Rudel at firstname.lastname@example.org