DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
ABOUT FOX VALLEY UNITED WAY:
Founded in 1922, Fox Valley United Way (FVUW) recruits financial donors, volunteers and advocates to support a wide range of services for at-risk children birth to age 5 (and their families) in 23 communities in Kane and Kendall counties. These programs help address critical needs like food, shelter, healthcare, quality education and employment, fulfilling our SPARK (Strong, Prepared and Ready for Kindergarten) initiatives.
Our mission is to collaborate with concerned citizens, city officials, businesses and organizations to address unmet needs. Because we exist to bring lasting change to communities, we take our roles very seriously, and hire individuals who share our passion for making a difference.
PRIMARY ROLE OF DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Our Director of Development plays a key role in our mission by developing and maintaining relationships with NEW donors: foundations, corporations and others. This individual is responsible for diversifying our donor base by recruiting new funding sources. This may include cause marketing collaborations, event sponsorships and philanthropic partnerships.
This position requires an entrepreneurial professional with significant experience in building such relationships and who will thrive in an outcome-driven environment.
The Director of Development must be a sophisticated communicator with the ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders, and individuals in various positions, from foundation board members to corporate CEOs to small business owners and individuals interested in planned giving or legacy gift donations.
A commitment to the mission of Fox Valley United Way and the passion to serve others through philanthropy is essential.
This is a full-time position located in St. Charles, IL.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• In collaboration with the CEO, set goals and benchmarks for annual fundraising to meet organization objectives
• Conceptualize, develop and execute effective giving strategies by identifying, contacting, meeting/presenting and cultivating prospective donors
• In collaboration with the CEO, identify, solicit and secure corporate sponsorships and recommend fundraising opportunities that may benefit Fox Valley United Way
• Develop effective strategies to increase use of online giving platform
• Expand opportunities to connect donors with volunteer activities through Volunteer Fox Valley
• Attend and participate in all Fox Valley United Way events
• Represent the Fox Valley United Way through community organizations, networking groups, chambers of commerce, etc.
• Raise the visibility and maintain the reputation of Fox Valley United Way in the community
• Preside over the Fox Valley United Way Community Resource Committee, in partnership with the board-designated committee chair, to facilitate the planning of all fundraising events, assignment of duties and recruitment of volunteers.
• Produce giving reports as requested
• Work collaboratively with other staff members
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Related Bachelor’s degree and minimum five years of successful fundraising experience. Well-networked in Kane County specifically.
• Experience with cause marketing, sponsorship and fundraising campaigns
• Success in developing new relationships with donors and sponsors
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to conduct meetings and presentations
• Skilled in working individually or as a team, and accepting direction from CEO and board of directors
• Ability to problem solve in a timely manner and analyze information skillfully
• Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and manage multiple projects at the same time
• Adaptability to changing work environments or unexpected events
• Dependability in arriving to work on time, responding to direction positively and soliciting feedback to improve performance
• Ability to supervise interns or others who may be providing development assistance
• Proficient in business computer software and systems
• Must have a driver’s license valid in the state of Illinois and access to an automobile to travel to meetings and events
• ABILITY TO INFLUENCE: to build excitement, gain trust, and drive donations and attendance to events
Fox Valley United Way is an equal opportunity employer.
This position offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Interested parties please submit your resume' to email@example.com. No phone calls will be accepted.