Holiday Assistance Program
- Sponsor an Individual Child or Family
- Organize a Pajama or Blanket drive
- Organize a Toy Drive
- Organize a Gift Card Drive
- Provide a Monetary Donation
With the holiday season just around the corner, Fox Valley United Way is once again partnering with local businesses, community members, civic and student groups, along with families and individuals who are interested in helping those that are experiencing difficulties during these tough economic times.
While countless parents are telling their children that there will not be many gifts under the tree this year, a large number of children in our community will not be receiving any presents. The Fox Valley United Way wants to help families who do not have the financial means to provide gifts for their children this holiday season.
You can help by donating to the Fox Valley United Way Holiday Assistance fund. Your financial gift will be used to purchase clothes, toys, hats, mittens, and scarves for the children. If donations allow, we will also buy each family a gift card to a local grocery store so they can enjoy a family holiday meal! To sponsor a child or family, please contact Deborah at 630-896-4636 xtn. 102, or you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor an individual child or family: Fox Valley United Way will send you detailed information about a family in need so you can purchase gifts for each child in that family. Due to the overwhelming needs in the community, we recommend spending a minimum of $70.00 to sponsor each child.
- Organize a pajama or blanket drive: These basic needs items always seem to be in short supply. Let's work together to keep our children warm this winter. Collect new pajamas for children age birth to 12, or a special new blanket or throw to cuddle with on a cold night.
- Organize a toy drive: Every child looks forward to some kind of toy under the tree. Help fulfill their hopes by sponsoring a collection drive for toys suitable for children age birth through 12 year olds. All toys will be distributed to local children. Download our toy drive poster here. All basic needs items, toys, and other gifts should be unwrapped and can be dropped off at the Fox Valley United Way office.
- Organize a gift card drive: A gift card to a local grocery store, Target or Walmart can go a long way. We also collect gas gift cards and bus passes to support the families need for transportation to the grocery stores.
- Provide a monetary donation: Make a financial donation that will be used directly to sponsor a child for holiday assistance. Collect spare change to help purchase basic human needs items for families in need. Download our Holiday Assistance poster here.
All donations can be dropped of or mailed to: Fox Valley United Way, 44 East Galena Blvd., Aurora, IL 60505. Donations will be accepted December 3rd through December 13th by NOON. All gifts should be unwrapped and donations of any size are greatly appreciated.
Download our Holiday Assistance Flyer.