The Season of Giving
Inflation has reached record levels, and families are struggling to keep up. Now more than ever, parents are having to make difficult decisions on whether to buy new clothes and toys for their children versus paying utility bills and putting food on the table during the holidays.
Fox Valley United Way is once again partnering with local businesses, community members, and civic groups who are interested in helping their neighbors who are experiencing difficulties meeting the financial burdens of today’s world.
You can be a part of this partnership! To get involved or get more information, please reach out to J.D. Ostergaard.
Help make a child’s holiday memorable by participating in one or more of the following ways:
- Sponsor a local child or children: You will receive detailed information collected about their interests to purchase gifts that meet their needs. We recommend spending $75 per child.
- Organize a toy drive: One of the most exciting parts of any child’s life is receiving a new toy! Help fulfill that joy by sponsoring a collection of gifts for children between the ages of birth to 12 years old.
- Organize a blanket drive: A comfortable blanket will provide warmth throughout the winter season. In addition to children, the growing population of seniors in need would also benefit from your generosity.
- Provide gift cards: Local grocery, gas stations, and big box stores are an excellent way to provide a family autonomy in their holiday shopping. We are collecting donations in increments of $25 to supplement the additional needs of each family.
- Provide a monetary donation: If you’d like to make a bigger impact and donate a gift to support many families, our donations page is always available to you at www.foxvalleyunitedway.org/donate.
All donations may be dropped off on weekdays between December 4th and 14th.
To sponsor a child or get more information, please reach out to J.D. Ostergaard.