Get your Power of the Purse Golden Raffle Ticket now!
What is the Power of the Purse?
The Power of the Purse is the inaugural fundraising event of the Women United Committee of Fox Valley United Way. We are only selling 100 tickets at $100 each.
What can you win?
You will have the opportunity to win one of four beautiful prizes:
- The grand prize is a Louis Vuitton Graceful MM handbag in signature monogram with a peony interior. The bag retails for $1,890.
- Second prize is a .50-carat sapphire pendant embellished with diamonds on a white gold chain. The pendant retails at $815.
- Third prize is a Coach Houston Map Bag in signature canvas and a matching wallet. The total retail value is $250.
- Fourth prize is a Coach reversible belt cut to size. The belt retails for $195.
How does the Power of the Purse Golden Ticket Raffle work?
Tickets can be purchased here for $100. Your ticket confirmation email will provide your ticket number. A printed ticket with your number will be used for the raffle pull.
Tickets will be pulled at an event on November 30th from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Society 57 in Downtown Aurora. We will livestream the event on Facebook and Instagram for those who can't attend in person.
Who does the raffle benefit?
The proceeds from this raffle will directly support our UNITED for ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) Initiative in collaboration with the work done at The Neighbor Project. "ALICE" refers to a growing segment of working households struggling to afford basic human necessities.
Power of the Purse Golden Ticket Raffle Rules
- Must be 18 years of age to purchase a ticket or win a prize.
- No purchase other than the raffle ticket is required to enter.
- It is not mandatory to be present at the time of the raffle.
- An independent individual will draw the raffle winners from a container that holds all entries and an equal chance to win for all entries.
- The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of tickets sold. If all 100 tickets are sold, the odds of winning are 1:100.
- Should the raffle be canceled for any reason, coupon purchasers will be notified by phone or email and given instructions on obtaining a refund.
- Employees of Fox Valley United Way and their families are not eligible to participate.
- The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently, the purchase of a Ticket does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Women United and Fox Valley United Way are grateful to the Power of the Purse sponsors whose donations made this event possible:
- Earthmover Credit Union
- Old Second National Bank
- State Street Jewelers
- Kelly McDonough
- Deborah Rudel
- Maria Manzo
- Stacey Ries
- Melinda Tejada
- Karen Yaggie