Please note - our Grant application deadline Wednesday, May 1, 2024, 5:00 pm.
Fox Valley United Way (FVUW) is committed to ensuring that families in our communities have equitable access to opportunities and resources supporting positive health, education, and financial outcomes.
We envision a community where all families have a strong foundation for success in life.
Race Equity Statement:
United Way believes that every person is entitled to be treated with dignity and respect – this includes equal treatment and access to justice.
Fox Valley United Way stands behind this commitment by ensuring that the communities we serve in Kane and Kendall counties are places where every individual regardless of race, ethnicity, income, language, ability, gender identity, or immigration status has equitable access to the support and resources needed to be safe, healthy and have the opportunity to succeed and contribute to the positive growth of their community.
Fox Valley United Way believes that equitable and positive outcomes for families can be achieved by:
Leveraging Resources and support for families
How can your agency further leverage resources and support families through a collaborative framework?
How can your agency build capacity to reach the shared goal of ensuring that all families have equitable access to opportunities and resources supporting positive health, education, and financial outcomes?
How can your agency coordinate efforts with other agencies to support efficiencies and achieve greater community impact for families?
Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
How will your agency address racial, economic, and health inequalities and disparities that limit families from accessing health, education, and financial stability?
- Must confirm status as a nonprofit under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Must be chartered as a nonprofit organization in the state of Illinois
- Must have a Federal Employer ID Number (FEIN)
- Must provide a Patriot Act complaint form
- Funds requested must be for service provisions for residents in the 23 communities in the Kane and Kendall county served by Fox Valley United Way
- The online application process opens on March 1, 2024.
- The due date for online application submission is May 1, 2024.
- Application evaluations are done in June 2024. The grant award notification will be in July 2024.
- Program funding will begin August 1, 2024, and end June 30, 2025.
Funding applications will be considered for ONE program per agency. The proposed program must align with Fox Valley United Way’s mission, vision, and racial equity statement.
Proposals must demonstrate that the services to be provided are tailored to meet the needs of the identified population in one of the 23 communities supported by Fox Valley United Way.
Aurora, Big Rock, Bristol, Campton Hills, Elburn, Geneva, Hinckley, Kaneville, La Fox, Little Rock, Maple Park, Millbrook, Montgomery, Mooseheart, North Aurora, Oswego Plano, Platville, St. Charles, Sandwich, Sugar Grove, Wasco, and Yorkville
Each proposal will be reviewed by members of the FVUW Impact and Investment Committee and scored according to the following criteria:
1. Community needs
- Is this program needed in our community? Use data to support your proposal.
- Are there similar programs already being implemented? If so, how will this program complement existing programs?
- The Program proposal provides a clear description of community outreach and strategies for targeted participant identification, engagement, and retention.
- The Program proposal demonstrates a return on investment with measurable benefits to the community.
2. Program review
- Program Description: The program proposal describes the services that will be provided.
- Program structure: The program proposal explains the service activities, times, frequencies, and locations, and is conducive to unique client needs.
- Program collaboration: The proposal describes the program’s ability to collaborate and how the impact of the collaboration will be measured.
- Program outcomes: The proposed program provides a thorough description of the specific outcomes and indicators.
- Program reporting: The proposed program provides a thorough description of data collection methods, measurement processes, and tools used.
3. Organizational Capacity
- The proposed program describes current plans and future opportunities to leverage funding to draw additional resources.
- The applicant organization provided a clear explanation of how the program aligns with the mission and vision of Fox Valley United Way.
- The applicant organization possesses the staff, volunteers, space, equipment, and general organizational capacity to implement the work plan/logic model.
- The applicant organization has the capacity to manage and implement the program effectively.
4. Financial Capacity
- Does the organization's most recent audit reflect major or ongoing concerns?
- Does the organization's current budget balance?
- Does the organization have the ability to operate the program for three months despite material fluctuation in income and expenses?
FVUW Relationship (returning applicants)
- Did the organization promote FVUW?
- Does the organization comply with the executed FVUW Partnership Agreement?
- Does the organization submit required documentation on time and has the ability to report in a timely manner?
Questions? Contact Deborah Rudel here.
Past applicants - Click the Returning Users button below.
All new 2024/2025 applicants are required to create an account by clicking on the First Time Users button below. You will then receive an email from Fox Valley United Way (check your spam folders) to set a password and assess the Grant Application. Keep your username and password handy so that you can "save a draft" and return to complete your submission (note: you must click 'save draft' at the bottom of the page in order to save; the form will not 'auto-save'). A sample PDF of the application can be accessed here.
Also, this username and password will continue to be used for agency reporting and future applications
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Do not leave any blanks; enter N/A if not applicable.